LINK TO NOMINATE FOR UALA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
BALLOTS DUE APRIL 21ST
UALA 2023 BOARD OF DIRECTOR NOMINEES
Elk Meadows Assisted Living and Memory Care Facility
Nominated By: Owner Elk Meadows Assisted Living and Memory Care
I nominate Brady Baugh, our Executive Director of Elk Meadows Assisted Living and Memory Care facility to serve on UALA's board. Brady is very qualified with years of experience in providing quality care to senior residents of Utah. She is creative in resolving problems and very familiar with Utah State requirements. She would be a very good addition to the board and provide valuable service and planning for which other UALA industry professionals will benefit. Brady has a compassionate attitude which strengthens her vision for a healthy and useful senior care environment. Brady would be an ideal addition to the UALA board.
Cameron Harris, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Chief Sales Officer
The following reasons I would like to serve:
1) I would like to use my talents and skills to serve the greater assisted living community and to advocate for the wonderful residents and teams that care for them.
2) I tend to think out of the box and I would like to help formulate creative solutions to difficult challenges and advocate for such a vulnerable population.
3) I recognize the greatness of the shoulders of the previous board members and how much good was accomplished by them and I would like to continue the legacy.
4) I currently work as the CSO for SAL management and I meet with and work along side of the teams of many communities. I can bring their perspectives to UALA. I can accurately represent their concerns, successes, and I relate well with them.
5) I speak with residents on a daily basis and I understand their challenges and their needs. I can accurately represent them and their concerns and desires.
1) My willingness to donate my time, talents, skills, and capabilities to serve in any way possible and I love the teams, families and residents.
2) I have worked in healthcare my whole life. I understand and I have worked at many levels in assisted living communities starting with caregiving all the way up to my current position as CSO.
3) I have helped struggling communities become successful and I have celebrated the success of great teams.
4) I have attended several Dave Ramsey's Entreleadership Summit Seminars, and Dave Ramsey's Master Series which taught me how to become a better leader and it strengthened my ability to work in teams and run businesses at a higher level. These opportunities were provided to me by SAL Management.
5) I am a certified instructor for Integrity Sales Solutions. This is the modal that I have used to lead sales teams to great success and how to do it with integrity. I love helping teams and individuals find personal success.
6) I believe that the individuals in our industry are special and are truly blessings to seniors and families all over Utah and through out the world.
7) I work with SAL Management on the Executive Team helping our communities care for our residents in the best way possible and find great professional and personal success.
7) I have a degree in Business Administration.
Copper Creek Senior Living / Stellar Senior Living
I would love to serve on the UALA board to support local senior living professionals and promote Assisted Living needs - whether with legislation to improve issues and work with elected officials, engaging the Community in senior living efforts, or to help educate and create awareness for the industry - I feel with my experience in senior living and a passion for working for seniors, I would be an asset to the team. I have worked in Senior Living for over 7 years, first starting as an Activity Assistant, then Activity Coordinator, HR Assistant, Business Office Manager, and Executive Director. I would be honored to help provide support to other professionals and to the amazing work that UALA provides for our community.
Cindy Badger, MPA
Ovation Sienna Hills
Recently moved from Southern California and want to be involved with making Utah an even better place for senior care.
Diane Macheers, BSJ, MBA
The Ridge Senior Living
Vice President of Corporate Communications
I would be an effective asset as a UALA Board member given my experience in various areas of senior living--marketing and communications, operations, public policy, and advocacy. I am on the Corporate team for The Ridge Senior Living. We have two Assisted Living and Memory Support communities in Utah. Most recently, I was asked to participate in the Colorado Legislative Task Force where we are guiding LeadingAge Colorado positions on bills currently before the Colorado Legislature. I've lobbied on Capitol Hill for senior living issues for Colorado, Utah and Kansas. I regularly interact with members of the state legislature and Congress on bills before them and on bill ideas. I coordinated voter registration and state and federal candidate forums in our Colorado community that were recognized by Argentum. I could bring that experience to the UALA Board and other peers in the state of Utah.
Heather Reeves, Bachelors in Human Services
Regional Director of Operations
Serving on the UALA board is the next step in my pursuit of serving seniors for life. For over 30 years, I have been working on improving the quality of life for seniors. The first position that I held was as an Activity Director. In this position, I quickly learned how much joy it brings me to serve the vulnerable and how much they need true advocates. Since then, I have studied and dedicated my life to advocating for others. Volunteering and serving on the Board of Directors for UALA will further my lifelong goal of advocating and improving the lives of seniors in Utah.
In my current position in SAL management, I serve as a Regional Director of Operations. Receiving the opportunity to work alongside such professional Executive Directors and their teams, I have increased my understanding of their impact on our senior residents, most of the time unseen. I feel like I can bring a voice to these spectacular situations for Utah to see.
As an SSW, I have served in all levels of care, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Intermediate Care Facilities, and Assisted Living Communities. My experience enabled me to understand what seniors need at every level and the importance that assisted living offers to ensure that residents maintain a high quality of life. Working with seniors every day, I see and understand what it takes to continue providing excellent care. I believe that by serving on the UALA board, I can help advocate for best practices at the state level and in every community that has championed serving seniors.
The Villas of Baer Creek
I believe that I would bring some great insight and energy to UALA. I have had the great opportunity to be on the Board of Arizona's Heath Care Association from 2008-2012. I would love to support our organization and it members. I have had a opportunity to serve in many roles in my career. I love supporting Seniors , Care Associates and Family Members and bringing them joy and love. I have had 30 years. I would love to be considered a board member.
Avista Senior Living
Vice President of Operations
Jesse Buntjer is currently the Vice President of Operations for Avista Senior Living. He started working in senior living 12 years ago after going through the senior living process with his grandma “Gommy”. He loves the idea of being a voice for the greatest generation and working with these amazing residents.
He is married to Mandy Buntjer and has 6 amazing children, who all love being involved in this industry.
I have been involved in senior living for 11 years as a family member, Sales Director, Executive Director and now Vice President of Operations. I feel I can give a unique perspective from different views of the industry, I would love to be a voice for Spring Gardens, UALA, and the residents and Staff that we serve. Thanks for your consideration
Avamere at Mountain Ridge
Kayden Grenko, Master of Healthcare Administration
Lotus Park/integral Senior Living
I am invested in the development and expansion of senior living. I believe now more than ever our industry needs strong voices, that can advocate for change at the highest level. Communities are struggling with compliance and the state surveyors have become more stringent and unyielding. Assisted livings need a strong advocate to help prevent falling into the quagmire of compliance issues, and someone that can go to bat for them at the highest level in the state for better representation on funding. I have a strong desire to improve the industry for residents and those that come to work every day to make their lives better. I have a proven track record of success and have created a large network of supporters and am excited to see what I can do.
Cottonwood Creek Senior Living
I have 3 years of being an Executive Director and feel that being on the UALA board is just another step in my growth in the Assisted Living industry. I love the thought of making a difference and being a part of groups that make changes in the lives of my residents and staff. I don't have as much experience as some of the other board members but I feel that I can bring a new perspective and also learn a lot from them.
Ryan Kidman, B.S. Health Administrative Services
THE LODGE AT JORDAN RIVER & RIVERTON
Here are Reasons to nominate someone including myself to UALA:
1. Helps other Assisted Living Communities become UALA members
2. Helps other UALA members become better Assisted Living Communities through education, example, and consultations
3. Helps educate communities about Assisted Livings, and Memory Cares about our rules, regulations, and benefits to the communities and families.
4. Helps educate and instruct the State Legislature about the benefits of Assisted Living and Memory Care with Medicaid Waiver Clients.
Vance Child, Masters
Family Tree Assisted Living
Vance is a very dedicated individual who loves the industry. He has so many contacts and friendships he built over the several years he’s been working in Senior Living. He’s a very loyal and honest person who enjoys engaging and collaborating with others. He would be such a great asset to the association and would help grow membership. He also loves planning golf events!
15 years in Healthcare
Masters in Healthcare Administration
Experience in marketing, administration, and mid level management
I want to nominate Vance Child! He is an incredible administrator!
Vance is an awesome director.
I would like to nominate Vance child. He works very hard to keep his communities running smoothly and happy. He is very knowledgeable in the ALF community. He is an absolute rockstar!
He has been essential to the marketing of multiple AL’s, and he just took a different job to help oversee multiple buildings!
I would like to nominate Vance Child. He has always consistently been there to help me out in my time as an administrator. He cares so much about the people and goes above and beyond the regular job requirements