Director of Nursing/Nurse Supervisor
4 months ago
- Provide care according to the Utah State Department of Health Rules and Regulations for Assisted Living Facilities Level II, §R432-270 and Utah Nurse Practice Act §R156-31B-701.
- Understand and comply with all Assisted Living regulations.
- Assess new residents prior to admission for appropriateness for ALF II level of care
- Assess residents every 6 months or more frequently as needed by significant changes in condition.
- Develop a Service Plan in coordination with the resident, family, and responsible persons within 7 days of admission.
- Assure that Service Plans are properly implemented and documented by resident care staff on all shifts.
- Monitor resident quality of care daily.
- Assist residents in arranging access for ancillary services for medically related care and other services necessary to support the resident. Coordinate ancillary health and therapeutic services for residents if needed and/or requested.
- Supervise resident care staff (Certified Nurse Aides).
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of timecards by Lead CAN to payroll and coordinate schedules with staffing agency.
- Maintain accurate records of all resident care and monitor CNA staffing personnel records to ensure they include a signed job description, background check, certifications, first aid/CPR, core competencies and orientation completed, medication delegation, food handlers, health evaluation, etc.
- Provide oversight of Medication Management program in compliance with regulations.
- Assure that all appropriate communication and documentation regarding resident care issues is shared with the Administrator.
- Document incidents, medication errors and significant change in the Significant Change Log in EMR, review weekly with Administrator.
- Manage the Quality Assurance Plan and hold quarterly quality assurance review in coordination with Administrator.
- Provide regular staff education (including monthly core competency in-service training) opportunities including appropriate training for administration of medications.
- Evaluate and update policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Review Employee Health Evaluation for new hires and perform TB testing.
- Coordination with New Choice Waiver case manager as needed.
- Facilitate monthly facility wide IDT meetings.
- Current Utah Nursing License (RN, APRN)
- Experience working with at-risk and homeless populations with compassion for the homeless
- 1 year Assisted Living Facility Type II nursing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record Management Systems
- Flexible schedule and availability for on-call nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to pass State background check.
- Carrying and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, sitting, and walking.
- Actively communicate with all parties in the workplace.
- Willing to accept constructive feedback, without defensiveness, and in a spirit of learning and growth.
- Actively listening for understanding before responding, thus reducing conflict and misunderstanding.
- Actively contribute to a healthy workplace environment demonstrating concern, compassion, empathy, mutual respect, trustworthiness, and integrity for all human encounters.
- Conflict resolution skills, committed to maintain a highly engaging, healthy, and thriving workplace culture.
- Absolutely no gossip in any form.
- Health Evaluation performed by RN Supervisor including TB test and review of all immunizations.
- Must be current on flu and COVID-19 (including booster).
- General orientation
- Yearly in-service training
1216 E 1300 S
Salt Lake City, UT 84105
Salt Lake City, UT 84105